Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt ethernet not working after upgrading to Yosemite

After a very long and frustrating 2 days I have managed to upgrade my MacBook Air (13 Inch, Early 2014) to Yosemite. I have the official Apple thunderbolt to ethernet adapter but System Preferences/Network reports that the cable has been disconnected. It has not and other devices connected to the ethernet cable work fine. Any suggestions to get it working? Anyone else having the same problem?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 8:44 AM

2 replies

Oct 28, 2014 11:54 AM in response to Graftern

I have a similar problem. My Macbook Pro Retina 15" (1st generation) can no longer connect to my university network through a Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter since upgrading to Yosemite. (Actually, OSX 10.9 on a different machine altogether also has the same problem -- tested and verified.) I tried multiple dongles and multiple Ethernet cables, and finally called our tech support. We found a workaround for the problem by purchasing a USB to Ethernet adapter, but this now means that instead of a single device chain leading into the laptop, I am now using multiple ports. I hope a patch for this is in the works.

Thunderbolt ethernet not working after upgrading to Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.