Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Tel No. During keychain activation

During activation keychain, after entering my apple ID, it is said that the code is sending to to the telephone Number that I previously had. How could I change the Tel No.?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 9:08 AM

4 replies

Oct 23, 2014 9:22 AM in response to lan_arash

From Get help using iCloud Keychain:

Make sure that the correct phone number is associated with your account:

In iOS 8, tap Settings > iCloud > Keychain > Advanced. In iOS 7, tap Settings > iCloud > Account > Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

In OS X Mavericks v10.9, choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

If you can't access a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, contact Apple Support and verify your identity to get help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

Dec 7, 2014 11:58 AM in response to randers4

OK...This is crap implementation by Apple but there is a work around (at least for me).

You need BOTH a Mac and an iPhone for this to work.

On your mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud and click the keychain tick box. Go trough the verification process until the code is sent to the wrong phone number...Leave it hanging at this point...don't enter a code

On your iPhone got to Settings> iCloud > Keychain and turn it on. Go through the set-up process.

With any luck your Mac will pop up a notification in the top right of the screen and just click verify. Once done, go into the Keychain settings on your phone and change the number.

I have no idea how and why this works, but it did for me. How Apple was using my South African phone number when my AppleID is linked to my UK number is also a mystery.

Wrong Tel No. During keychain activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.