Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with IPhone 6s and Chevy Radio USB

I have an IPhone 6s and had successfully connected it to the radio in my Chevy Equinox (basic radio) via the USB connection in the vehicle. I would then be able to choose the music stored on the phone without having to use the phone itself. Two weeks ago, I upgraded the iOS to version 8 (it was running version 7). Now, when I plug in to the USB, I can still hear the first song playing (as before) but a large screen appears on the radio panel with the words, "Files not Found". There is just one button at the bottom of this screen which says "OK". If I press that button, the radio switches away from the phone to another source. If I change the source back to the USB, the large annoying window appears again.

I have tried putting a flash drive with MP3 files loaded in folders into the USB port and that works fine, It is just the phone with iOS 8 that creates the problem. I updated to version 8.1 the other day in hopes the issue would have been resolved, but the "Files not Found" screen still appeared.

I can use the AUX port but then I have to use the phone to select and play the music. That can be distracting when driving however.

BTW - the phone features via bluetooth work fine.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, were you able to resolve it?

Thanks

Denny Knepper

Newville, PA

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1, Music App

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 1:05 PM

7 replies

Oct 29, 2014 7:17 AM in response to rdklz

I'm not sure what is meant by "reset your network settings"? I assume you mean on the phone, but what specifically is done in the reset? Is it also possible to just turn off the wi-fi completely and have it then work correctly?

I can only hope that Apple will soon resolve this issue on a future update to iOS. They have not so far. 😟

I appreciate the suggestions.

Oct 30, 2014 9:48 AM in response to CarlAVII

This is not much help as it takes me to a top-level menu where I am at a loss to know where to look. There does not seem to be a search box.

Again, this issue occurred when I upgraded the iOS from 7 to 8, so there is something in the new iOS that is causing my problem.

I did try a reset of the network settings and then reconnected the phone to the USB cable. The same box appeared telling me the "Files could not be found" all the while the music was playing in the background. Either pressing the OK button at the bottom of the error message, or touching any button on the radio, changed the source to AM or XM or AUX.

I also tried a factory reset of the phone and then restored the backup. Unfortunately, the restoration put iOS 8.1 back on the phone instead of iOS 7 which came with the phone. I would be more than happy to step back to iOS 7 if I could figure out how to get it back on the phone. The new version doesn't really do anything for me anyway and the previous version worked fine with my car stereo.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I'll keep trying.

DK

Issue with IPhone 6s and Chevy Radio USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.