Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extreme mouse cursor lag when using Accessibility Zoom (Fullscreen) in Yosemite

I have a Retina MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite (10.10), clean installed, connected to an external Thunderbolt Display. When I zoom in using Accessibility, I experience a very prominent lag, moving my mouse cursor (either with my Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad or the built-in Trackpad) around or when zooming out. It is especially visible when zoomed in on applications like Calendar and Mail. This never happened in Mavericks. My settings are as follows.

I've tried creating a new user account on my Mac and the problem still persists, which leads me to believe it's a bug with Yosemite.

Anyone else have the same problem?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 1:23 PM

6 replies

Oct 24, 2014 12:43 PM in response to t87

I also have the same exact problem. I have a i5 iMac Mid 2011 with an upgrade to 10.10 Yosemite connected to an external display. I like you never had this issue with Mavericks. Zoom is so painfully slow now that I had to disable it. My iMac has 12 GB of RAM and even with no apps opened, zoom is killer slow.. makes me want to punch a wall-kinda slow.

I think it's clear to say that something is up with 10.10.. some bug.

Apple please fix us zoomers 🙂

Oct 27, 2014 7:45 AM in response to Chuck Straughn

I see it here too on a couple of different mid-2011 i7 iMacs with external displays connected. The problem does not seem to appear on my Retina MacBook Pro, but I haven't tried attaching an external display there. I think that may be what is triggering the problem. As others have said, I did not have this problem at all on Mavericks - I made heavy use of zoom with multiple external displays attached and it was extremely smooth. With Yosemite, it's slow enough that it's almost unusable.

Extreme mouse cursor lag when using Accessibility Zoom (Fullscreen) in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.