Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pinch to zoom stops working

On my 2011 macbook pro, pinch to zoom using the trackpad stops working periodically ever since upgrading to Yosemite. Rebooting seems to solve the problem. Otherwise, it eventually starts working again, the stops again after a period of time. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 2:05 PM

7 replies

Oct 26, 2014 2:33 PM in response to RobRobRobRobRob

Hey RobRobRobRobRob,

Thanks for the question. Based on what you stated, it seems like the trackpad isnt working correctly. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Trackpad or Magic Trackpad is jumpy or erratic

Intel-based Mac notebooks: Troubleshooting unresponsive trackpad issues

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Mario

May 18, 2015 2:39 AM in response to RobRobRobRobRob

It also doesn't work for me. I find the features listed below to stop working randomly. They do not work, not only in Safari, but the entire OS.

• Pinch to zoom
  • Smart zoom

I've tried to find a solution to this problem and things like: ' killall Dock ' or disabling all Safari extensions had no result at all. The only thing that works is restarting the Mac (which is a pain in the ***) or wait for the gestures to miraculously come back on. Apart from the trackpadgestures problem, I, among many others, am experiencing UI lag when for example I'am pressing F3 to switch between apps. This problem can only be solved if you activate the "increase contrast" mode, which looks awful. Again, no update or official answer from Apple to this problem.
To me it seems like this a OS problem, that a lot of people are facing, to which Apple turns it back. From my point of view, it all began when Apple decided to release a new version of OS every year.

The funny thing is that when I went to "iStyle", the main retailer for Apple products in my country, I've seen the same issues on the Macbooks that were exposed over there, which is funny and sad at the same time.

My configuration:

Machine: 15" MBPr Late 2013 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, i7 2.0 GHz

pinch to zoom stops working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.