Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change wrong artist pictures?

Since I updated to iTunes 11 artists pictures (or sometimes album artwork) are autmatically shown in the library. In some cases iTunes simply puts in wrong pictures (almost all from a podcast I have subscribed to) even though the different albums all have their cover loaded or filled in.
How can I change that? Now in iTunes 12 the problem remains the same.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 1:02 AM

8 replies

Oct 26, 2014 1:15 AM in response to user1012

Well, thanks for trying to answer. But I tried this a lot already. Only I can change as much as I want, for some artists it still shows wrong pictures. E.g. I have got say 2 albums by Michael Jackson, each with the respective album cover attached. Then for the artist picture it shows a picture of the KEXP Podcast. I does so for some artist (no pattern visible for me) and alway the same podcast picture.

Jun 2, 2015 9:25 AM in response to Ryan_Marley47

I am not quite following what is going on here. I also use an older iTunes version and I use it with full manual settings and nothing to do with media from the iTunes Store. That said, I never have this problem and can only conclude it either has something to do with files on a computer still being linked to the Store server for information, or it may also be a case of where you can add multiple art to a file. In that case the first one added gets displayed in other views unless you change the artwork display order in Get Info. Also note if art is added to one track of an album which has no art it will get assigned to each track in that album unless you have added art to that individual file. Some of this probably has to do with the way iTunes handles art. iTunes keeps its own copy of art in a folder. Art can also be embedded in a media track itself. You are kind of balancing off embedded art being used vs. the iTunes stored version vs. iTunes possibly trying to keep things on your computer in sync with what is on the server if you have selected preferences for iTunes to do things such as automatic downloads.

How can I change wrong artist pictures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.