Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Important battery drain when my iPhone 6 is on a WIFI Network

Hello guys,

I have a serious problem of battery drain with my iPhone 6 (128 Go). The situation to get the issue is quite simple: I have at home a WIFI network (generated with an Apple Extreme) and when the iPhone 6 is connected to my WIFI network I get an impressive battery drain. For instance, yesterday evening before going to sleep my iPhone had 75% battery life. This morning, the battery was completely empty. When the WIFI is OFF the battery life is much better.

Someone has experienced the same issue?

I had this issue since iOS 8.0 and unfortunately iOS 8.1 does not fix the problem.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 7:44 AM

7 replies

Nov 7, 2014 6:52 PM in response to riadfromhabsheim

I have the same issue.

iphone 6 128G, having many functions switch off, compared to my 5s.

i start my day 7am with 100% and out for the day, back home 8pm. Whole day out of home, wifi switch on and not connected as office has no wifi, normal 4G usage for the day and battery still left with 40% that's 13 hours of 4G standby and normal usage.

fully charge my phone by 10pm and left with wifi connected on standby until 6am. which I wake up with 50% battery power. That's totally unacceptabl!!! And I have to charge it fully again with iPad charger, before I leave home for work.

I strongly believe it has something to do with the wifi connection. If it persist, I am gonna go back to apple and get a 1:1 new replacement.

Nov 13, 2014 3:42 AM in response to riadfromhabsheim

My router?... Not sure... I think it's CISCO DPC3925.

Anyway way I have enough with that problem and believe it's definitely faulty, and I am sure it is not battery problem as in day time the battery is strong as a bull. I just sent in to apple service centre, they took one evening to diagnose the issue. No explanation given and a new replacement was given to me 1:1 exchange the next day.

i Suggest you sent in too.

Nov 17, 2014 6:00 AM in response to riadfromhabsheim

It seems like the new iPhone 6 is still giving me same problem. However the drain seems better.

9Hrs wifi standby drains 30% battery life. 10hrs LTE standby and normal usage uses 38% Battery.

i Have icloud sync on for mail and Safari. Let's see what happen if I switch them off tonight.

PS... iphone 5s 9 hrs standby, battery life still at 100% full. 10hrs LTE standby and normal usage uses 55% battery

Important battery drain when my iPhone 6 is on a WIFI Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.