Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enrolled Macs' "Sleep" option is greyed out

Hello,

As soon as a Mac is enrolled into our OS X Server it becomes unable to "Sleep." The Sleep option under the Apple menu is greyed out and even closing the lid will not put the Mac to sleep. This has been a big issue because it is killing our machines' battery life.

There are no management settings enabled for any of the Macs, under Profile Manager and they are not in any device groups. There are also no management settings enable for the users of the machines nor are the users in any groups. As soon as they are enrolled, the Sleep option is greyed out and nothing will allow them to sleep.

This was happening with the Server version right before Version 4. We updated hoping Version 4 would resolve this issue but it did not. All help is greatly appreciated!

OS X Server Version 4 (14S333)

Mac Mini Server purchased in mid 2014

2.6ghz Quad Core i7 Processor

16gb of RAM

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Server version 4

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 6:16 AM

7 replies

Dec 1, 2014 10:25 PM in response to Bacil

It appears Apple needs to fix a problem with the "Login Window" Payload in Profile Manager.

To enable sleep on a mac until the settings are pushed out again use terminal and enter the following:

sudo pmset -a disablesleep 0

You will also need to do this if you remove the "Login Window" Payload from the settings you push out, since the mac won't revert to the working settings.

I notified Apple about this thread.

PS I was able to manually change the config profile (downloaded from Profile Manager) with text editor to get it working the way I wanted, but I only have one client computer. If you do this, there were 2 entries. I found them by searching the config for "sleep". Change the entries from true to false. You can then install the modified settings profile.

Enrolled Macs' "Sleep" option is greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.