Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.10 not streaming Airplyay properly

I upgraded my MacBook Air to OS10.10 and streaming using AirPlay has been appalling ever since. I have a B&W A7 and a Naim Muso so the problem is not specific to hardware as I have mirrored them and have the same result at e same time on bothi ie I can't play a whole track without it dropping several times. It seems to work problem free from my iPad but I can't mirror on the iOad for some reason. It doesn't give me the option. Any ideas?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 8:29 AM

3 replies

Oct 27, 2014 7:39 AM in response to andarkian

Hello andarkian,

It sounds like you are unable to Airplay consistently from your Mac running OS X 10.10 because the connection keeps dropping. I would use these steps from the following article, named:

iTunes: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

Troubleshooting performance issues

Wi-Fi Connection

If you are experiencing intermittent playback or significant network lag with AirPlay, it could be due to a weak Wi-Fi connection, interference, or the distance between the Wi-Fi router and your AirPlay-enabled device.

• Ensure that other devices aren't trying to stream to the same Apple TV at the same time.
  • Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is set up with the recommended settings for the best performance.
  • Certain external devices, such as microwave ovens and baby monitors, may interfere with a Wi-Fi network. Try moving or disabling these devices.
  • If your wireless and wired networks are the same, try connecting your Apple TV to the router via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
  • Use the Wi-Fi network troubleshooting guide to resolve interference and other issues.

Ethernet Connection

Temporarily disable firewalls (both network and local) and security software. Security software and firewalls may block ports that AirPlay uses to stream content. You can often resolve issues with security software by updating, correctly configuring, or uninstalling security software.

And for your iPad being unable to mirror Airplay, I recommend the troubleshooting from this article:

Resolve issues with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

OS X 10.10 not streaming Airplyay properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.