Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.0.1: "Repeat" button disappears or overlaps song titles

On iTunes 12.0.1

I cannot find the repeat button that is supposed to show up next to the shuffle button here. It would disappear if I do not repeat the song.

User uploaded file User uploaded file

The only way to get it back is to go to Controls > Repeat. This isn't really my favorite thing to do and requires extra steps. But if I do this, and don't repeat songs again, it would disappear once more.

Also, it sometimes overlaps like this:

User uploaded file

Making the button "unclickable".

Are these bugs or are they fixable?

Thank you.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Agree. Still on Mavericks 10.9.5, but the "Repeat" function is only available going through Controls. The button will stick while playing that album or playlist, but then disappears if you turn it off. PITA. Please put the button back permanently. STOP HIDING EVERYTHING, or at least give us the option to reconfigure.

I also hate the new look. Dull.

Thanks, Apple.

35 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2014 1:32 PM in response to Arestine93

Agree. Still on Mavericks 10.9.5, but the "Repeat" function is only available going through Controls. The button will stick while playing that album or playlist, but then disappears if you turn it off. PITA. Please put the button back permanently. STOP HIDING EVERYTHING, or at least give us the option to reconfigure.

I also hate the new look. Dull.

Thanks, Apple.

Nov 6, 2014 10:31 PM in response to Arestine93

I just had the loop function a few days ago. No update that I authorized. What the heck Apple? I miss the old days of iTunes where everything was easy to access and with more functions. I tried making a playlist and I can't even loop that. My next complaint was how I can't loop albums on my iPhone. For get that. Doesn't seem like they care about us on any OS. Hey Apple. look up what you guys did in 2006 and take a page. That's when your claims of "It just works" were true.

Nov 25, 2014 12:54 PM in response to Arestine93

Hello,

its very simple all you have to do is right click on the iTunes icon on your dock. then you should find 'repeat' hover above it and it will give you further option to choose to switch off repeat, repeat all songs or repeat the song your listening to. when you return to iTunes you should find the repeat icon once again.

Jan 12, 2015 11:43 AM in response to qais64

When you return to iTunes the button it is not there anymore. How could they hide the "repeat" button? What did Apple have in mind this time???? I had to search the Internet to find it. I teach dance, so I use a lot the repeat button, and first time I found that the repeat button disappeard was in the middle of a class I was giving. What a stressful class! Please fix this disaster! We want the Repeat button back, permanently visible and easy to access!

Jan 19, 2015 10:27 AM in response to Zalderax

Agreed. After about 15 mins of banging my head against the desk, I thought to search online & found it's under Controls. Which is ridiculous.

They also seem to have taken away the ability to choose the syncing source. (E.g., I want my phone to be the source & transfer all playlists to my new MBA, which I can't do. "Do you want to erase all content from your phone & replace it with your computer?" NO.)

I used to love Apple.

Jan 25, 2015 3:06 AM in response to Arestine93

I feel I should elaborate further on exactly how to find the 'control' button in iTunes 12. If you can't see the 'repeat' button, it's because your menu bar is hidden. First thing you have to do is click on the black and white square icon to the left of your 'previous' button:

User uploaded file

Then you click on 'Show Menu Bar' to activate it again:

User uploaded file

Once you can see the menu bar, you'll see options for 'File', 'Edit', 'View', 'Controls', 'Store' and 'Help'. You need to click on 'Controls' and then 'Repeat':

User uploaded file

Now you can see that your 'Repeat' option has been turned off (classic Apple, lol). So you can choose whether you want to repeat all songs (click 'All') or just repeat one song in your library (click 'One').

And voila! You now have a repeat button in iTunes 12 :¬D

Jan 25, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Snapplelinz

The menu bar is not missing. I think most of us are saying that the menu bar is not convenient as there used to be a repeat icon next to the song name which allowed easy switching back and forth rather than go to the menu bar. Because that icon disappears when any kind of repeat is disabled, the only way to get it back is to GO to the menu bar drop down.

iTunes 12.0.1: "Repeat" button disappears or overlaps song titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.