Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8 wallpaper bug

Currently on iOS 8.1 using iPhone 6 Plus.

Since iOS 8, I have notificed a quite a few bugs with setting wallpapers. When you first open wallpapers in the settings menu, there is a serious lag (about 2 seconds) before it opens. When you're scroll through Stills wallpapers, the scrolling is extremely choppy.The strangest thing I've noticed is that performance of the iphone seems to hindered by setting still wallpapers. There is noticeable lag when you set a still wallpaper, wake up the display, open/close apps, open/close the app switcher, etc.

However, when you set dynamic wallpapers, there is no lag in any of these areas and everything is speedy. Actually, it seems that it almost speeds up too much because occasionally when closing apps, the closing animation zooms out too quickly and it seems to stutter a bit if that makes sense. It's like the animation has lost a couple of frames or something. I don't see how this is even possible since dynamic wallpapers use more memory. I also noticed that when you set dynamic wallpapers and look at the thumbnail preview of the lockscreen/homescreen in Settings>Wallpaper, under "Choose a New Wallpaper", the dock in the homescreen thumbnail is a dark gray color and not translucent.

User uploaded file

I've tried resetting all settings and restoring and nothing works. I have noticed the same issue with the iPhone 5c and iPad Mini 2. It seems to be a software issue.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 10:40 AM

1 reply

ios 8 wallpaper bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.