Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working (but SMS relay is)

I recently upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite, and Messages (which I use for iMessage) was working as expected. Then, randomly, it stopped working yesterday. Any time I attempt to send an iMessage from my MacBook Pro Retina, it results in a red "not delivered" message. However, SMS Relay IS working. The only potential culprit I can think of is that I recently reset my default keychain password. But I'm fairly certain Messages was still working for a time after doing this. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

So far I've tried:

- Signing out and then back in (using my Apple ID in the Messages app)

- Restarting

- PRAM reset

And am seeing the following console errors when I attempt to send:

(have removed personal info, such as IDs)

- 10/24/14 9:59:23.527 AM imagent[359]: [Warning] callerURI - No bindings !!

- 10/24/14 9:59:23.531 AM imagent[359]: [Warning] Request to send message: IMMessageItem[outgoing: YES sender=(null); service=iMessage; handle=+16185582383; unformatted=(null); country=US; roomName='(null)'; flags=100005; subject='<< Message Not Loggable >>' text='<< Message Not Loggable >>' messageID: date:'' date-delivered:'0.000000' date-read:'0.000000' date-played:'0.000000' transfer guids: '(null)' empty: NO finished: YES sent: NO read: NO delivered: NO audio: NO played: NO from-me: YES DD results: NO DD Scanned: YES Downgraded: NO emote: NO expirable: NO expire-state: 0 error: 0] to chat: IMDChat: GUID: iMessage;-; [phone number I was sending to] Style: - State: 3 Participants: (

"[IMDHandle: <[phone number I was sending to]:(null):US>]"

) Room Name: (null) Display Name: (null) Identifier: [phone number I was sending to] Unread count: 0 Row ID: 29 Group ID: from NIL ID fromAccount: IDSAccount: [Service: com.apple.madrid User: ID: Type: Apple ID Active: YES Registration Status: Registered]

- 10/24/14 9:59:23.532 AM imagent[359]: [Warning] Group message controler failed to prepare chat: IMDChat: GUID: iMessage;-; [phone number I was sending to] Style: - State: 3 Participants: (

"[IMDHandle: < [phone number I was sending to]:(null):US>]"

) Room Name: (null) Display Name: (null) Identifier: [phone number I was sending to] Unread count: 0 Row ID: 29 Group ID: error: 4

iPhone 6, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 10:19 AM

3 replies

Oct 29, 2014 3:16 PM in response to astewes

Hi,

In the Finder use the GO Menu whilst holding down the ALT key and selecting the Library that appears.

Navigate to Preferences.

Find the com.apple.IMAgent.plist

Drag it to the Trash.

Restart the computer as IMAgent starts up, as a support app, when the computer does.

User uploaded file

10:16 pm Wednesday; October 29, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

iMessage not working (but SMS relay is)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.