Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group chat problems with iPhone users and non iPhone users!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

i just got an iPhone 6 and I'm in a group chat with people who have iPhone's and people who don't, but I am not recieving the messages from the non iPhone users and im not sending the messages as an iMessage because when I send a text it's green. And my carrier is Verizon and I have the new update. Could it be possible for my number to be causing this or maybe the phone? I had and iPhone 4 on a different carrier and it could only receive iMessage group chats. But my sister has an iPhone 6 as well and she is in the group chat but she gets everyone's texts and she got a new number. I don't know whats wrong and I would like to fix it. i dont know if I should take it to the Apple Store or take it to Verizon or if I can fix it myself so please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 2:04 PM

3 replies

Oct 24, 2014 2:09 PM in response to Joec

Joec wrote:

i just got an iPhone 6 and I'm in a group chat with people who have iPhone's and people who don't, but I am not recieving the messages from the non iPhone users and im not sending the messages as an iMessage because when I send a text it's green. And my carrier is Verizon and I have the new update. Could it be possible for my number to be causing this or maybe the phone? I had and iPhone 4 on a different carrier and it could only receive iMessage group chats. But my sister has an iPhone 6 as well and she is in the group chat but she gets everyone's texts and she got a new number. I don't know whats wrong and I would like to fix it. i dont know if I should take it to the Apple Store or take it to Verizon or if I can fix it myself so please help.

You should take it to Verizon.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you provisioned to use MMS and do you have it turn on in message settings?

Group chat problems with iPhone users and non iPhone users!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.