Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 launches apps by itself!

My new iPhone 6 launches application by itself! Have also had it highlight text within the Note app (that IT opened, not me!) and search the Internet for garbled text. It is either possessed or someone is playing a cruel joke on me! Anyone else experiencing this issue??

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 1:55 PM

54 replies

Aug 21, 2017 3:19 PM in response to jjmj21

I bought a glass screen protector with full thin metal frame that covered the intire screen....that's when my phone started doing things on its own. I removed the screen protector and did a "Reset All". Seems to be working ok know. Through away the screen protector and buying the full plastic one. I think static electricity may have had something to do with it.

Oct 27, 2014 12:02 PM in response to UserH

Hi UserH,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's applications launching on their own at inappropriate times, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

iOS: Force an app to close

Next, I would try restarting the iPhone -

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Oct 27, 2014 12:23 PM in response to UserH

I might have a stupid answer, but have you tried cleaning the screen? Since it is a touch device, if there is a substance on the screen that's conductive it may cause spurious signals that the device interprets as a tap. For example, if there are drops of water on a MacBook trackpad the pointer can jump around randomly; it can seem like someone else is controlling the computer.

Apr 23, 2015 9:01 AM in response to Brett L

I have done all of these suggestions and none of them fixed the problem. The latest event, during the night (last night), the Mag Lite app turned on all by it self. No one touched it or turned it on everyone was asleep. My phone seems to be possessed at times, almost like someone else has taken control of it.

I certainly would like for Apple to address this issue for everyone and get this problem resolved for everyone. I purchased my phone in October brand new and It has not been damaged. I keep it in a case with a screen protector. As I understand it, I now need my phone diagnosed by Apple techs, sent in and "repaired".

May 7, 2015 12:01 PM in response to UserH

My wife and I both are having the same issues with both our phones! We have updated the iOS restarted, reset. Their is something seriously wrong with either the iOS or this hardware. This phone has disgraced APPLES reputation as being solid glitcheless phones.

This phone reminds me of the Windows Mobile phone with all it glitches.

I Put down a lot on notes in my contacts, I absolutely hate that you search for information but when you tap to type it jumps you all the way back to the top of your list. This phone bogs down and locks up. takes off on it's own and does what it wants.

Programming needs serious help. I pay a premium for these phone because I expect a solid phone.

What is Apple going to do to fix this. These issues are not isolated.

My iPhone 6 launches apps by itself!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.