Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 screen distorts/bends when holding it?

Many users at Macrumors are complaining about this. They say when you hold it the screen distorts right above where the logic board is with the CPU and RAM

Here is the thread

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1808921

Can anyone confirm?

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 10:15 PM

20 replies

Oct 25, 2014 12:19 AM in response to bobseufert

Please visit that thread. It is getting really long really quickly.

Everyone sees the same as in the video. Others claim it is there just by holding it with your right hand.

One says the Apple store told them it is just the way it is and there's nothing they will do about it. I'm here to see if anyone sees that issue.

This is a serious problem.

I've been waiting doe this tablet for months. It is not in Thailand yet but if this is a manufacturing problem then I can't buy this product.

I can put up with it vibrating when you listen to music but this is unacceptable.

Oct 25, 2014 12:49 AM in response to thai_iphone4

I visited the thread when you first posted it. I didn't say it's not happening. You asked if anybody can confirm. If anybody else had reported it i would have given you a link to that thread. Evidently the people are seeing something. What it is I can't confirm. When it becomes available in Thailand take a trip to the Apple Store and have a look see for yourself.

Oct 25, 2014 1:18 AM in response to killhippie

Thank you

I wanted to find out from iPad Air 2 users here if they can confirm what those guys are saying.

I'm not one to look for things. It may be that if you try to make it happen you could, but I just want to know if it happens under normal use.

I sold my laptop months ago and I've been waiting for the iPad Air 2 for months.

Seems like user after user in Macrumors are reporting the same thing and posting videos about it, so I was worried this was a real issue.

If yours is good then maybe it is just those guys and they should get it replaced. One of then said they went to the store and the clerk there showed him on the other iPads that they all do the same thing.

So I don't know if these are Samsung people making trouble on the internet or if this is for real. I am here for a more unbiased report.

So any other Air 2 owners please come in and tell me about yours.

Oct 25, 2014 1:40 AM in response to thai_iphone4

I have held mine in its case with the side flap hanging down and I cant see an issue, I have zero screen discolouration and no book spine effect thankfully. The iPad does vibrate when playing music but it does not bother me. The sound is much better than my iPad 4, so I'm a happy camper. Don't go looking for defects, people will always find something to moan about. 🙂

Oct 25, 2014 1:47 AM in response to tonefox

Yea but I usually ignore that. There are a lot of paid Samsung people and MS paid people on the net creating viral videos to discredit apple and try to get some customers

I get that

This is why I came here to see if this is BS or real.

I literally have the money here in a bag at home just waiting for it to hit the stores. It would break my heart if this isn't working.

iPad Air 2 screen distorts/bends when holding it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.