Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Dropped Calls (Verizon)

iPhone 6 Plus, 128GB, Space Gray

RESPONSES NEEDED!!

Ok. I have been having poor signal strength and 100's of dropped calls since upgrading from an iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 Plus. (Both the iPhone 5 and 6 Plus are on the Verizon network) I have spent over 50 hours dealing with Apple TSS, the Apple Store and Verizon TSS. I have done multiple network resets. I have performed numerous restores. I have set the phone up as new after every restore. I have had my SIM card replaced, I have had Verizon reprovision my line numerous times. And I even had my 6 Plus exchanged. My first iPhone 6 Plus shipped with IOS 8 and had these issues. When I upgraded to IOS 8.0.2 it did not help resolve the issues. Then when I upgraded to IOS 8.1 it still did not help resolve the issues. Nothing has solved my issues.

My wife does not seem to be having these issues with her iPhone 6 Plus, 128GB, Silver. I am unsure if she is not having the issue because she travels a the same short distance day to day. I travel primarily about a 150 mile radius around Atlanta on a day to day basis which may explain why I am having these issues and she is not.

I am seeing a lot of threads in the Apple forums as well as the Verizon forums where people are complaint of these same issues. Verizon admits that they are

receiving numerous complaints from iPhone 6 customers having these issues. Apple states I am an isolated case.

Ok. I know this may sound a like an odd question but I wonder if this problem is iPhone color specific. I am not sure what materials go into the coating of the iPhone 6, I am not sure if it is a metallic powder coat or some other process, I doubt it is just painted. My wives iPhone 6 Plus is Silver and it seems she is not having these issues. It also appears that not all iPhone 6 customers are having these issues. I have noticed that some people having these issues state they have a space gray model (Like I do). I do not remember seeing any post about someone having a Silver or Gold iPhone 6 having these issues.

Thank you

<Edited by Host>

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1, 128GB

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 10:00 PM

88 replies

Jul 4, 2017 4:44 PM in response to Bryan C2

iPhone 5s silver (inherited my wife's). Began dropping calls 6 mos ago on her, continues dropping calls still on me. Thought it was our 3G booster, so we upgraded it to 4g. Still drops calls.

today I bought an iPhone7 black, drops to 1 bar when connects to a call. Haven't fully tested this one yet for dropped but call her on her SE while across the hall & ima breaking up so bad she cannot carry on a conversation w/ me. wondering now if I have a bad SIM card? (He put that SIM card into my new 7. Gotta be a bad sim, I think?! Ima bout ready to switch over to a Droid. We've had iPhones forever but gettin fed up. Thanks Bryan C2

Aug 13, 2017 8:47 AM in response to gbouras08

Ditto - rose gold; 6s plus; purchased a year ago; worked fine for about a year; suddenly began dropping calls about a month ago, no matter my location, how many bars, etc. Dropping calls in places where I previously had no problem. I too have been a loyal iPhone user, and I really hope I can get this worked out.

Oct 24, 2014 11:53 PM in response to Bryan C2

I Have a verizon iphone 6 in space gray. I am having the exact same problems as you. All my phone calls have been a disaster. I would say 70% of my calls have dropped. I'm going to exchange the phone, and if it isn't any better, I am going back to an iphone 5s. I have been having to make facetime audio calls from my house (where i have never had an issue with service in the last 4 years.). Please post if you find a solution. So far nothing works.

Oct 27, 2014 4:46 AM in response to Bryan C2

As I said in another post, I have iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1. I commute every day for 40min from home to work and back, and there are two places in the route that I know have very low signal coverage and are a very good test for mobile phones antennas reception.

With my previous iPhone 5s, in these two places during a call it happened to lose some voice samples, but the call was never dropped.

With the iPhone 6 the calls are always dropped in both places.

I don't look at signal bars because they are only a signal indicator, but the dropped calls are a clear fact that the iPhone 6 reception is worse.

Also the iPhone 4s was worse than the 5s but better than 6 because it lost many samples, the voice became metallic, but very seldom did the calls drop completely.

Unfortunately with the 6 dropped calls are a certainty, and I am thinking of going back to iPhone 5s.

Nov 2, 2014 6:40 AM in response to DKM13

Thank you fabvir and DKM13.

I wish more people would respond to this thread so we could determine whether or not color has anything to do with this problem. I do find it interesting that not one of the people that have complained about having these issues (in this and other threads) have said they have any other color than space grey.

Nov 9, 2014 5:31 PM in response to Dennisamandajohnson

After you switched the setting... I would also recommend the following

-Reset Network Settings

-Close out all apps running in the background

-Then do a Hard Re-Start (hold home and sleep/wake button in until apple logo comes back up)

Hope that helps. If not, schedule a visit to your apple store and have them run diagnostics on the phone and see what is going on.

Nov 16, 2014 9:57 PM in response to Bryan C2

I Have a 6+ that has had horrible call problems since day 1. My issue isn't dropped calls, but my voice dropping out either entirely, or it sounds like I'm in a tunnel. however, my voice will come back normal during the same call. Apple has replaced the phone twice so I think it is a verizon issue, but they can't figure it out. They say it is a problem with my location, but it happens everywhere and I have 3 other iPhone 5S in the house so I know that isn't it. So frustrating. I have reset everything multiple times including setting up as new. I even created s new Apple ID just for the **** of it, but nothing has worked. Tomorrow I'm getting my 4th new 6+ since release date, but I know it will be a waste of time. I'm not sure if switching to the 6 will help, but I'm ready to demand a release of contract and head to AT&T.

Nov 17, 2014 9:22 AM in response to Bryan C2

I have a iPhone 6, silver 64GB. Got it on upgrade from a 4S - both using Verizon wireless. 4S cellular coverage was decent - could place/receive calls and iMessage/text at home and during commute. With the iPhone 6 my calls are dropped and I am unable to text in the same locations as I could previously. I am running the most current iOS, have done hard reset AND network reset, but those only help temporarily...as in minutes. I also have changed the LTE settings to Data only. Since I upgraded through Verizon I turned to them as the first step for reporting the issue. Verizon wireless "tech support" is now checking with the "network repair bureau" because I have already performed their troubleshooting limits. After reading all of these threads on iPhone 6 and poor cellular coverage I am convinced it is solely the iPhone 6 hardware and not necessarily the carrier (or combination of the two). My son has the same phone as I do, we ordered the same day, they were setup on the same day and by the same Verizon retail store staff. But, I am the only one with the inconsistent cellular coverage. It is extremely irritating especially since I have concerns that I will be unable to rely on the phone in an emergency. Google iPhone 6, poor cellular coverage, dropped calls and it's mind boggling how many results you get. But, none are resolved.

iPhone 6 Plus Dropped Calls (Verizon)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.