Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone calls over OS X 10.10 Yosemite with LED Display uses MacBook's internal mic only

Sometimes, when placing or receiving phone calls on Yosemite over my iPhone, the audio input source switches from the LED Cinema Display's microphone to my MacBook's internal microphone (even with the lid closed, what renders my voice to white noise). Changing the input source in system preferences has no effect on the phone call, neither on an active call or on a new one, it keeps using the internal mic. The Level indicator in system pref's shows that switching input seems to work, but the change does not apply to phone calls. Oddly, i had this issue in public beta 4 already and it seemed to be fixed in 10.10 because it worked fine after installation for two days but now the problem seems to be back.

Anyone else? Any idea?

Regards,

Frédéric.

Setup:

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

MacBook Pro 15" (mid 2010)

OSX 10.10 (14A389)

LED Cinema Display 27"

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 12:45 AM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2014 7:25 AM in response to kjl3000

It seems like disconnecting the display and reconnecting it or booting without display attached and connecting it afterwards is causing this issue. Booting with the Display attached will activate the Displays Mic, but dis- and reconnecting it switches the mic back to internal again (and stays until reboot).

Restting SMC and PRAM has no effect on this issue.

This is so weird!

Phone calls over OS X 10.10 Yosemite with LED Display uses MacBook's internal mic only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.