Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to turn cellular off for podcast app

In looking at an overusage of cellular data, I've decided to turn off cellular data for almost all apps. When I turn cellular data off for Podcast app, leave cellular settings menu, and go back in, cellular data for Podcast is back on. Even if I go into the Podcast settings screen, and turn data off, it immediatley goes back on. Why can't I get Podcast app to stop using cellular? I've restarted the phone. I don't even use Podcast app, but now it seems that I can't delete it from my phone either. Help! iPhone 5s, version 8.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 4:22 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 12:48 PM in response to karynfromlyons

Not sure if you ever got this resolved but I upgraded to 8.3 a couple of days ago and suddenly had the same problem. Did a chat session with an Apple technician and got the solution:

Settings\Podcasts\Only Download on Wi-Fi.....turn this ON. It doesn't matter if you turn "Use Cellular Data" OFF because the "Only Download on Wi-Fi" will override the cellular data setting. Anyway, turning cellular data OFF still will not stick. Hopefully a future update will fix this....? We can only hope.

You can then test your settings by turning wi-fi OFF and trying to download (or even search for) a Podcast. It should not work until you turn wi-fi back on.

Hope this helps.

unable to turn cellular off for podcast app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.