Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This item is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later"

After installing the Developer Preview of Yosemite, my MacBook Pro (2012, 4GB RAM) turned really, unusable, slow.

I waited untill the official release came out and followed the following steps to completely erase my disk and reinstall OS X:

OS X Mavericks: Erase and reinstall OS X
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14243

And then

OS X Mavericks: Reinstall OS X
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13871?viewlocale=en_US

Now when I login to my Apple ID during the installation process the following error occurs and the installation can't go further:

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 6:17 AM

11 replies

Dec 17, 2014 1:21 PM in response to melvinkoopmans

I had a similar issue on a used macbook air that I purchased and was attempting to reinstall the OS X from the partition. The issue was the partition was referencing a BETA version of yosemite that could not be downloaded any longer. You may have the same issue. The solution is an internet recovery process. You start the mac and then immediately press command+option+R at the same time. This should take you to a screen with a spinning globe and it will start this internet recovery process. My understanding is it downloads the original partition recovery file for your specific machine. In my instance it downloaded mountain lion. Once this is complete I went to disk utilities and first re-erased the Mac SSD and then performed the OS X re-install from the recovery partition. It will not ask for any sign in with your apple ID. It will simply install the original OS X that came with your machine. You will then go through the setup process to establish the mac as your machine or install from backup which ever you choose. Once that is done you can do the free upgrade to the latest OS X, in my case yosemite. Hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.