Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1 Weather App/Notification Center

I'm currently using iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 5c and since i have upgraded i have noticed that, randomly, the native weather app looses its detailed information. Sometimes i can view the details (sunrise, sunset, chance of rain, humidity, etc..) other times it disappears... further, once its disappeared i have noticed the notification center weather update is also missing... very frustrating... I have reset the phone a few times and it seems to solve the problem for a short time, but the issue returns. All the appropriate location settings are on and in place... its almost like the data the phone retrieves from "The Weather Channel" is not avail at times... and other times it is... anyone with any ideas... or am i to wait for iOS 8.1.1 release hopefully with a fix?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 8:37 AM

53 replies

Oct 27, 2014 5:00 PM in response to sparrom

I've tried restarting my phone, resetting the privacy and location settings and nothing will get my phone to display the native weather information in the notification center! Siri can give me the information, the weather app shows the information, yet nothing even shows up as for weather... I have "Today Summary" showing and have tried removing and adding it... Believe it is an iOS 8.1 bug... Is a bit annoying...

Nov 3, 2014 4:21 PM in response to sparrom

I'm in the same boat as you. One day it just stopped working. I've tried all the tricks, and am very hesitant to try and restore just to get that blurb back.

The problem is, it was incredibly convenient and simple. That's what other app makers just don't get, I don't need a map, I don't need a huge blurb about the weather. I SURE as heck don't want to check out videos from my drop down.

I JUST WANT THE WEATHER.

I can't seem to find anyone really reporting on this issue, not to any serious degree. I hate that it worked and then, poof, just stopped. I can only hope this is an 8.1 bug and that another release is around the corner that will fix it, because I'm getting pretty darn fed up.

Nov 3, 2014 7:14 PM in response to sparrom

UPDATE:

I'm still experiencing the problem, but its intermittent... I haven't reset my phone for the last week and tried to live with the issue. I have noticed two things, and not to say that this is the root of the problem, but for what its worth... 1. I have determined the issue is more likely to occur when the phone is using 3G... and 2. it also seems to occur when i'm using my home WiFi... When I'm out and on LTE there are no issues... the function works as it should in both the native Weather App and the notification center... I've succumb to the fact that it just doesn't work flawlessly right now and apple will, eventually, take notice and fix it...

Nov 17, 2014 12:07 PM in response to sparrom

UPDATE:

I have found that the issue only occurred when the phone was on my home wifi. The 3G scenario wasn't entirely true, i was just impatient waiting for the info to update, which eventually it did... So... I recently moved towns and never reset my wireless modem when i turned it back on... so i went ahead and did so... now i'm not, by any means, a knowledgeable person when it comes to these things but i believe the modem, when reset, picked up a new IP address and all is fine... My iPhone 5c works as it should in all aspects on all three networks... 3G, Bell's LTE, and my home wifi...

Nov 19, 2014 12:08 PM in response to sparrom

does anyone know for sure if iOS 8.1.1 fixed the weather app on iPhone 6? I am on Telus and have been having trouble with the weather showing up on the notification centre under today summary and having the weather collect my information automatically. It seems in certain towns it works fine, and others it shows just the weather and city forecast with no graphics etc.. Sometimes it works on 3G and other times on wifi only. However 90% of the time it does not work and simply disappears. Sure wish yahoo was the weather provider as it never caused this issue.

iOS 8.1 Weather App/Notification Center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.