Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the Apple store unlock my passcode for me for my iPhone?? HELP.

I changed my passcode on my iPhone 4 (I don't know if it is CDMA or GSM) and now can’t remember it and after multiple attempts to guess it I have been locked out of my phone (and the phone says “iPhone disabled. Connect to iTunes”). I know how to restore my phone by going through iTunes, however since I did not back it up for many, many months now, I do not want to lose all of my data. When I try to connect it to iTunes it says that my phone cannot connect to iTunes because my phone needs to be unlocked first….I cannot unlock my phone because not only do I not know the passcode, but the keypad to enter in the passcode is no longer visible because the phone has been disabled….therefore since I cannot connect to iTunes I cannot back up my device before I restore it. I know how to restore it, yes, but the issue is not wanting to lose my data because of it since I can't back it up.

My question is: if I bring my iPhone into an Apple store will they be able to either unlock my passcode for me (provided I have identification of ownership i.e. account number and verification) or will they be able to back up my data (then restore it and then put my data back onto my phone)? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 10:36 AM

4 replies

Can the Apple store unlock my passcode for me for my iPhone?? HELP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.