Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How in God's name do I transfer video from my iPhone 5 to MacBook Air?

This is ridiculous. I mean, I can't believe that I have to go onto the Apple forum to ask this question, but, please, somebody, help me out. How in God's name do I transfer video taken on my iPhone 5 to my MacBook Air (running Yosemite)? I've: (a.) been to the vague and unhelpful Apple support page, (b.) read the (no) Help sections on iPhoto and iMovie, and (c.) looked on the Internet. Astoundingly, there's nothing. I've now made an appointment to go to the Genius bar ... to be walked through how to transfer video from my Apple iPhone to my Apple Mac. No, I'm not over 70 years old. ...

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 10:25 AM

8 replies

Oct 25, 2014 6:10 PM in response to bongofriendy

Update:

A friend walked me through it in iPhoto. Mind you, iPhoto was no help at all. Pitiful. I went to iPhoto Help and typed in "Import Video." Nothing. I typed in "Transfer video." Zilch. Ahhh, but you can import video. Really very simply. Connect device (in my case, iPhone 5) to MacBook, open iPhoto, click on iPhone icon under "Devices" in the side menu, click on the videos you want to import, and then click "Import Selected." Thank you, friend. And thanks to those who've replied to the original post.

How in God's name do I transfer video from my iPhone 5 to MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.