Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

server 4 (yosemite) doesn’t support wiki group calendars anymore

when i create an internet account with "https://server-adress:8443/principals/wikis/goupname/"
for calendar app
i don’t get any data.

if i look at the error prtocols, i see this:

[txdav.who.wiki#error] Wiki ACL lookup failed: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'uid'

but i can still access the calendar via safari.

does anyone have an idea?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2014 11:49 PM

I have been struggling with this same issue ever since I upgraded my server with Yosemite and the latest server.app. I had many clients accessing one wiki calendar with no problems and now it won't work.

I had this kind of uri set in my clients CalDAV accounts: "https://server-address:8443/principals/__uids__/wiki-wikigroupname/" (which seems to be an alternative to the one you had) and everything just worked perfectly. But now it does not get anything.

So this made me wonder that how can this web calendar work, as it’s accessing to the same WebDAV resources. And while looking Apache logs it seems that web calendar is successfully responding (HTTP 207) to PROPFIND and REPORT requests on /calendars/__uids__/wiki-wikigroupname/calendar/ while same resource responds (HTTP 503) to different user agent (same credentials)

This really irritates me, because not only it’s not working with OSX Calendar, but also as it’s not working with IOS (8.1) devices either. And if you try to use the wiki web calendar with IOS device, you get a notification “Web calendars are not available on Mobile Safari. You can configure access from Calendar application on iPhone, iPod Touch or a Mac or view them in a Web browser on a Mac or Windows-based PC”.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2014 11:49 PM in response to syncx

I have been struggling with this same issue ever since I upgraded my server with Yosemite and the latest server.app. I had many clients accessing one wiki calendar with no problems and now it won't work.

I had this kind of uri set in my clients CalDAV accounts: "https://server-address:8443/principals/__uids__/wiki-wikigroupname/" (which seems to be an alternative to the one you had) and everything just worked perfectly. But now it does not get anything.

So this made me wonder that how can this web calendar work, as it’s accessing to the same WebDAV resources. And while looking Apache logs it seems that web calendar is successfully responding (HTTP 207) to PROPFIND and REPORT requests on /calendars/__uids__/wiki-wikigroupname/calendar/ while same resource responds (HTTP 503) to different user agent (same credentials)

This really irritates me, because not only it’s not working with OSX Calendar, but also as it’s not working with IOS (8.1) devices either. And if you try to use the wiki web calendar with IOS device, you get a notification “Web calendars are not available on Mobile Safari. You can configure access from Calendar application on iPhone, iPod Touch or a Mac or view them in a Web browser on a Mac or Windows-based PC”.

Dec 29, 2014 1:10 PM in response to syncx

I just got off the phone with tech support. He said this was a purposeful "feature" decision and that you were never really meant to access shared calendars through a calendar client. (You might then ask why have a shared calendar at all…)

I remember this happened a few years back and the someone from Apple (Cyrus Daboo, I think) hopped on to share a text edit you could make to restore this function, which was then included in a future software update.

Needless to say, I think this really stinks.

Please submit some feedback to the affect at apple.com.feedback. I did. Maybe they'll listen.

Willhaus

Jan 3, 2015 12:55 AM in response to willhaus

willhaus wrote:

I just got off the phone with tech support. He said this was a purposeful "feature" decision and that you were never really meant to access shared calendars through a calendar client. (You might then ask why have a shared calendar at all…)

This is bull crap.. If it was a purposeful decision, why does this wiki calendar say “Web calendars are not available on Mobile Safari. You can configure access from Calendar application on iPhone, iPod Touch or a Mac or view them in a Web browser on a Mac or Windows-based PC” when accessing with IOS device.

This really ****** me off..

Some folks who just need a shared calendar on their devices have bypassed this by creating a new user e.g. "Shared Calendar" and providing this user credentials to all users so that they can configure it to their devices. I'd say that it's a one way around but it's totally ugly hack as security vice as everybody share same credentials for calendar and then you'll loose the web calendar, as it has nothing to do with this shared calendar.

Jan 15, 2015 7:21 AM in response to syncx

Hey friends,

After the latest update to Sever 4.0.3, it looks like my shared calendars are working again as they used to.

But honestly, given how much trouble they've been in the past (loosing passwords, changing path to my calendars rather than shared) I might just keep using Apple's suggested workaround. If you log into the web app version of the shared calendar and click the info "i" button, you get the option to "Add to my calendar" which makes it appear in your personal account with all your other calendars in the Calendar app.

Good luck whichever way you go,

Willhaus

Jan 16, 2015 10:18 AM in response to willhaus

willhaus wrote:

After the latest update to Sever 4.0.3, it looks like my shared calendars are working again as they used to.

But honestly, given how much trouble they've been in the past (loosing passwords, changing path to my calendars rather than shared) I might just keep using Apple's suggested workaround. If you log into the web app version of the shared calendar and click the info "i" button, you get the option to "Add to my calendar" which makes it appear in your personal account with all your other calendars in the Calendar app.

Good luck whichever way you go,

Willhaus

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. I had given up a hope on getting this fixed, was already considering alternative solutions. Now as I updated the Server app it's working as it used to work 🙂

And thanks for pointing out this "Add my calendar" -link. Has that always been there, as this is the first time I heard about this feature. It's definitely more clear and easier way to share the calendar.

server 4 (yosemite) doesn’t support wiki group calendars anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.