Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If sharing options and Markup are missing after you install OS X Yosemite

If you installed Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and you find your sharing options and Markup are missing within Safari, etc., this is the official fix. Worked like a charm for me. I got it from Apple last night while on the phone with AppleCare.

Enjoy,

Dan Batson

Rogers, AR

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 20 GB RAM

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 11:56 AM

8 replies

Oct 28, 2014 4:15 PM in response to LFSantos

Hi everyone,

This is not the right forum but I ask my questions everywhere - I have share button , Ii ccanot use the airdrop from the share button. In finder I can exchange files between iPAd and MAc. I tried so many things. If I try to use Markup in mail it freezes. Could you give advice where to look?

Apr 28, 2015 2:40 AM in response to Dan Batson

Brilliant!

I had a slightly different problem, I could click on an image in mail and select markup, but then no menubar appeared, so I couldn't choose tools or even click cancel or done, so the only way out was to quit Mail. Extremely annoying when having written an email.

However, this terminal thing solved the problem. I'm scared of code, but did it anyway, and now it works. Yay!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.