Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I limit Mail search to one folder?

Sometimes I'd like to search the contents of just one Mail folder, but Mail search searches all the mail. Can I limit it to one folder? Sorry if this is obvious and I overlooked it.

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 6:00 PM

When you start a search field, the Favorites bar should appear if you don't have it shown always. You can select the mailbox to search from there. If one isn't on the Favorite bar, drag that mailbox to the bar to show it there.

To always show Favorites bar, click View in the menu, then Show Favorites Bar.

You can also select and highlight the mailbox in the sidebar you want to search, then enter criteria in the search field.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2014 6:00 PM in response to SteveDC

When you start a search field, the Favorites bar should appear if you don't have it shown always. You can select the mailbox to search from there. If one isn't on the Favorite bar, drag that mailbox to the bar to show it there.

To always show Favorites bar, click View in the menu, then Show Favorites Bar.

You can also select and highlight the mailbox in the sidebar you want to search, then enter criteria in the search field.

Can I limit Mail search to one folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.