Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not responding processes in Actvity Monitor: callservicesd, coreaudiod, com.apple.geod, identityservicesd, and icloud helper

whenever I open Activity Monitor in Yosemite release version, there are three services that are maked red as not responding. They are callservicesd, coreaudiod, and com.apple.geod, icloud helper, and identityservicesd. I have yosemite on my system. It has been upgraded from Mavericks 10.9.5

calling from Mac via iPhone to another phone work fine. I can also log in to iCloud from System Preferences and manage my account. No other malfunction seen other than these not responding services in Activity Monitor
What are they? And what go wrong?
I have just filed BR and this problem is also reported here http://www.drwingnut.info/?p=13805
Any comment and fis please

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2014 11:47 PM

59 replies

Oct 31, 2014 11:25 PM in response to DanOsers

I have the same issue: coreaudiod, callservicesd, identityservicesd not responding.

Indeed though, I have NOT observed any problems. They appear to run normally, CPU usage going up and down accordingly, Boom working fine, internet, cloud services, etc, etc.

Coreaudiod is a long time known issue

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Error_Message/en343713

and also type the type in the the Apple Community (many threads since 2008).

Tried killing the processes, restart, new user, clean install on another drive. For a little while (few minutes), everything was fine, no "not responding". And then they all came back.

It must be a bug of OSX (don't think it's just Yosemite, since coreaudiod is "for ever").

17" mid 2009 MBP

Nov 4, 2014 4:03 AM in response to cubelibre

Hi there,

I also do not have pro tools, but I also do not have parallels.

So, although activity monitor says that callservicesd, coreaudiod and identityservicesd are not responding (com.apple.geod and icloud helper are said to respond in my system), I have NOT noticed ANY abnormal behavior of my MBP. I therefore decided not to bother with this issue any more until Apple releases an update and/or somebody finds a solution (OK, I admit it's a bit irritating to me, but I can definitely live with it😁).

The only thing I always do is take regular time machine backups AND keep a bootable Carbon Copy Clone HDD, so that if my system HDD crashes, I simply change it (since I have a mid 2009 17" MBP, it takes me about 5 minutes to change it) or boot from it.

One last thing: Although I did a "small" clean install to an outside HDD (just OSX and some apps), that still had this issue, I may try a second full clean install (OSX and then check activity monitor, then app by app so that I may find which one causes all this, settings, etc from scratch). But since it takes a really very long time, I'm not so diligent! Have you tried such a clean install?

Not responding processes in Actvity Monitor: callservicesd, coreaudiod, com.apple.geod, identityservicesd, and icloud helper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.