Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i get my iphone to vibrate only for calls on silent

How do I get my iPhone to vibrate for calls only while my phone is on silent mode? I miss calls while my iphone is in my pocket because it doesn't vibrate when I get a call. I don't want it to vibrate for all the other apps either. Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 12:54 AM

3 replies

Oct 28, 2014 2:18 PM in response to chrish.22

Hi chrish.22,

As the settings for "Vibrate on Ring" and "Vibrate on Silent" are separate, you can set it to Vibrate for either Ring, Silent, or both.

iPhone: Ringtones

Setting iPhone to Vibrate

You can have iPhone vibrate when you receive a call. Separate controls let you sent iPhone to vibrate in ring mode, silent mode, or both.

Set whether iPhone vibrates

From the Home screen choose Settings > Sounds. To set whether iPhone vibrates in silent mode, turn Vibrateunder Silent User uploaded file on or off. To set whether iPhone vibrates in ring mode, turn Vibrate under Ring User uploaded file on or off.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Nubz

Oct 28, 2014 10:20 PM in response to Nubz N.

I tried that, but it vibrates for everything...not just calls only.

I don't think I'm being too clear on what it is I want.

I'd like to keep my phone on silent so that it doesn't vibrate for ANY apps/third party apps etc. I only want it to vibrate, when on silent, when I get a call so that I'll know when it's in my pocket instead of having it be on silent and me not knowing, therefore missing the call.

Thanks!

How do i get my iphone to vibrate only for calls on silent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.