Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OKI C5600 not printing under Yosemite

On upgrading to Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) I became unable to print to my OKI C5600. I get the error: Stopped - 'Filter failed'

The printer is on a network, accessible by IP address. If I browse to the IP I get the printer management page. If I print from Mavericks it works fine.

Tried reseting the printing system, removing and reinstalling the driver, running the Mavericks driver updater, nothing works. Suggestions?

-Paulo

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 2:49 AM

4 replies

Oct 26, 2014 11:23 AM in response to John Blanchard1

Thanks for the answer. You are right about new drivers from OKI, but when this happened with Mavericks they took several months to get a solution out the door. I've not tried the sandbox tip because, in the meantime I got the printer working with a convoluted process. Here it is in case it helps others:

1. connect the Mac to the printer via the USB port. The printer should be automatically recognised and set up

2. print something just to check

3. disconnect the USB cable from you mac and connect it to the USB port on your wireless router (yeah, this is a bit specific, but read through)

4. invoke CUPS (http://localhost:631). You may need to use Terminal to activate the web interface if it is off. CUPS will tell you the command to use

5. select "Printers" from the top menu on the page

6. select the printer that was just created when you connected via USB

7. in the dropdown select "Modify Printer"

8. Go through the pages and change the existing connection port from USB to something like lpd://192.168.1.253/MEOPrinter (this needs to be changed to the proper IP address and queue from your wireless router printer server

9. when you get to the page where you can specify the driver **KEEP** the one that was used for USB (the existing driver)

10. Finish and voila. You have just changed a working USB connection to a network connection.

Although I have not tried it, because I don't want to waste more time messing with a working setup, the steps above could, conceivably, be adapted to dispense the wireless router. In step 8, just use the IP address setup in the network card of your printer and also its queue name -> this can probably be discovered by printing the printer info with its panel buttons.

Dec 12, 2014 3:21 AM in response to paulo rupino

Hi everyone,

I've found a driver that works... for my C5600

Delete your C5600 printer (under preferences/printers)

go to website: http://my.okidata.com/pp-C5800Ldn.nsf?opendatabase

Download linked file as (save to desktop) - i couldn't click this to auto run...

then double click the dmg... once extracted open a doc and type something...

command p to print.. .it'll say no printer installed, select it from the dropdown and then enter... it works...

OKI_MXMLion_DHC_eu_A2_020001_tcm3-146871.dmg

Feb 9, 2015 10:28 AM in response to paulo rupino

I've just been struggling with this myself but finally got it working without any of the long winded CUPS and USB stuff. My printer and Mac are in different rooms so the USB way would have been a real pain. I tried the way suggested by Lou68Lou but it didn't work for me.

I deleted my original drivers through the system preferences - Printers & Scanners and pressed the minus button to delete the driver then downloaded this

http://www.oki.co.uk/support/printer/printer-drivers/detail.aspx?prodid=tcm:122- 2888&driverid=tcm:122-146880-16

driver from OKI's site and installed it. It printed fine after that. I also put the IP address of the printer into the location bit under Options & Supplies. Maybe that helped as well. I hope this helps someone as there is nothing worse than stuff that worked suddenly not working! Drives me mad.

OKI C5600 not printing under Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.