Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Filevault Stal

Hi all,

I've been experiencing some issues on my MacBook Pro mid 2010 ever since upgrading to Yosemite. I've tried everything from resetting SMC, PRAM, and uninstalling/reinstalling programs that were giving me problems.

That being said, I turned off FileVault last night to see if that would solve any of my problems (I foolishly turned on during 10.10 upgrade). The decryption process seems to be stuck/locked up/frozen. The status bar has been sitting in the same place for about 8 hours now. Every time I try to do basically anything (open apps, load webpages, etc.), I get the pinwheel/beachball of death. My computer is running even slower than before.

When it first started locking up, I looked on different websites for people having the same problems and a couple of threads noted that restarting the machine would help/solve the problem. So I did that, but no dice. Still frozen, still no progress.

Solutions? SOS!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 7:18 AM

2 replies

Filevault Stal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.