Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus has been flashing a red screen and won't reboot or connect to iTunes?

Last night, my iPhone 6 plus said I didn't have the most recent iOS download. I plugged it in to a power source and connected to wifi. When I tried to download the new version, the phone kept telling me there was an error. After it would do this, I was unable to even hit the button to do the upgrade unless I rebooted the phone. I did this a couple times, gave up, and went to bed. This morning, I tried again. It started working and I fell asleep. I woke u, 3 hour later, and my phone showed the white apple logo start up screen. Being an apple product owner I figured it reset itself and was confused why it did so three hours later. That was until, my phone started flashing from the start up screen to a red screen I have never seen on any of my other products. I immediately tried to rest the phone. All this would do is turn the screen black for a little bit and then repeat the flashing sequence. I pulled out my macbook to connect to iTunes. My computer wouldn't recognize the iPhone. After, unplugging it a few times, it finally pick up on the phone and said it needed to be restore. It couldn't even detect a serial number or the model of the phone. During this time, the iPhone final stopped flashing and kept showing a connect to iTunes screen. I hit restore on iTunes and it froze iTunes. Any further suggestions? I'm all out of ideas and clearly cannot call 1-800-MY-APPLE and the nearest Apple store is an hour away. I currently have no GPS to get there because the phone isn't working and there is a lot of construction out that way so simple paper directions aren't helpful. I get lost even with an iPhone.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1, Upgrading to iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 8:56 AM

2 replies

Oct 26, 2014 9:48 AM in response to oomfer

Hi,

I had a similar problem last week with my nice shiny 3 week old iPhone 6. I noticed the Apple logo was on the screen, but it did not progress like a normal boot up. I restarted the phone, and it showed the Apple logo, then a red screen then cycled back to the logo and kept looping. I got the phone to the iTunes connection stage by keeping hold of the power button and the home button until the apple logo appeared then kept holding the home button. iTunes recognised the phone, and wanted to restore, but this was unsuccessful because the phone would keep looping to the red screen and iTunes failed. After loads of Apple support, I was told it was a hardware failure, and like you I live more than an hour away from the store. None the less, I made an appointment with the Genius bods, and they replaced the phone. They said they had never heard of the problem, but really, take a look at these forums and you will see that it is a common problem and I suspect they are keeping it under wraps...

My issue is that as a disappointed customer with faulty goods, why should i have to stick to an appointment to get it replaced? What other store would you have to do this?

The "Genius" didn't even want to see the phone powered up before offering a replacement... Oh, and it turned out they didn't have the exact same model as a replacement so they were going to send me out of the store empty handed.... I kicked off BIG time, and they very reluctantly gave me a phone from the sales stock, rather than the repairs stock..

Not a happy Apple customer anymore, and I feel the more people who know about the lack of service and customer care the better. They need to get off there high horse and join the real world!

Iphone 6 plus has been flashing a red screen and won't reboot or connect to iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.