Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to secure wifi in hotel

When I'm trying to use a secure wifi system in a hotel or cafe the page needed to sign in does not appear and the wifi is no longer accessible When the sign in page does appear and I add the password, it tries to connect and then disconnects. I've deleted the network from my system and I've allowed popups. Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem?

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 8:40 AM

2 replies

Oct 26, 2014 9:29 AM in response to dnavis

This "trick" is usually accomplished by having the Network provide the DNS Server address (with the local DHCP Address). When you use their DNS, it initially takes you to their login screen, regardless of where you asked to go.

If you already specified the DNS Server Address manually, their "special" DNS Address will not automatically replace it, and you don't get to go anywhere.

Mar 27, 2015 3:54 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I had the same problem with an older MacBook Pro, hotel Wifi browser launch would hang

and not go to the hotel splash / login page

Tried browser empty cache, tried Chrome, Safari, Firefox, no effect

Under Preferences - Network - Changed TCP/IP settings to IPv6 Automatically

Once I changed the TCP/IP setting, the hotel Wifi splash page / login started working correctly

can't connect to secure wifi in hotel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.