Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double click title bar to minimize?

Hello, before I "upgrade" to iTunes 12, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if double clicking on the iTunes title bar minimizes the iTunes window?

For some unknown reason, Apple eliminated this functionality in iTunes 11, even though this is the way every other application/window behaves under OS X and is an option in the Dock. Thanks much for replies.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 9:02 AM

8 replies

Mar 3, 2015 1:26 AM in response to aviavi

This behaviour has annoyed me in iTunes since it began, but I've never investigated it. If it has to do with the absence of a Title Bar - then go figure how Safari (current version) has no Title Bar and yet minimizes just fine - as do ALL other programs on the Mac that I've ever come across - just not iTunes. Well done the Apple designer who removed this function from iTunes, I'd love to know the reasoning behind it - and why it's never been fixed.

Apple +M still works on iTunes, so it does have the ability to minimise to the dock btw.

Double click title bar to minimize?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.