Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

on screen display volume/brightness not displayed correctly

Hey, Ive been facing an esthetic problem:

my on screen displays for voulme and brightness display with black corners. I did a clean install of Yosemite on a Macbook air mid'11.

It suddenly occured yesterday and I don't have any clue why! I already tried resetting pram and switching to the dark theme without any success. For tips I would be really greatful cause its a bit of a pain in the eye 😉

Here is a screenshot:

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 8:49 PM

Hey! I've had this happening to me as well, and it really is quite annoying. After a few tries of a little of everything, it turned out that it happened because I had reduced the transparency effect. Give it a try, it could be your case as well. Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > uncheck "Reduce Transparency".

Let me know how it goes.

-Jhonny

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2014 8:49 PM in response to binmanje

Hey! I've had this happening to me as well, and it really is quite annoying. After a few tries of a little of everything, it turned out that it happened because I had reduced the transparency effect. Give it a try, it could be your case as well. Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > uncheck "Reduce Transparency".

Let me know how it goes.

-Jhonny

on screen display volume/brightness not displayed correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.