Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background: Just upgraded to OS Yosemite; Just upgraded to ISO 8.1. Unable to upload picture or video from my iPhone 5s into Aperture 3.0. The application dialog spins its wheel and states that it is loading assets. It suspends itself in this state

Just upgraded OS Yosemite to my iMac; Just upgraded my iPhone 5s to ISO 8.1. Unable to upload picture or video from my iPhone 5s into Aperture 3.0. The application dialog spins its wheel and states that it is loading assets. It suspends itself in this state for several hours never completing the task. The Aperture quit command is greyed out and will not allow me to quit the application. This was not a problem before the OS upgrades were installed. Do you have any suggestion on how I might trouble shoot this problem?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 6:57 PM

I have the exact same problem. Including with my Canon DSLR.

5 replies

Nov 13, 2014 5:57 AM in response to fbochan

I have the same or at least a related problem. Using OS X Yosemite 10.10 and Aperture 3.6 I am unable to import any pictures from the compact flash card of my Canon EOS 300D (also known as Digital Rebel). Aperture says it is Loading assets for Import View, endlessly without any progress (Status remains 0).

I've gone through all of the Aperture 3: Troubleshooting basics - Apple Support except for reinstalling Aperture. Image Capture cannot import the pictures (or even make an overview of the pictures) either.

Others appear to have the same problem:

Problem with Aperture will not stop loading assets

Aperture frozen on "loading assets"

Aperture 3.2.2 is stuck on "loading assets" after I updated

Background: Just upgraded to OS Yosemite; Just upgraded to ISO 8.1. Unable to upload picture or video from my iPhone 5s…

Re: importing problem

Background: Just upgraded to OS Yosemite; Just upgraded to ISO 8.1. Unable to upload picture or video from my iPhone 5s into Aperture 3.0. The application dialog spins its wheel and states that it is loading assets. It suspends itself in this state

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.