Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 phone call volume low

I've had the Iphone 6 for over a month now and ever since the day I got it the phone call volume has been very low. I upgraded from the iphone 5 and the volume is significantly lower, at least 2x. The problem seems only to be with the phone call volume as when I listen to a voice recording (not on speaker) the volume seems to be fine. Never had any issue like this with the iphone 5. Please fix this

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 10:56 AM

2 replies

Oct 29, 2014 8:49 AM in response to Bjackson935

Hi Bjackson935,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that issues with the receiver volume can be very frustrating when the volume is not what you would expect. In this situation I would recommend reading over and working through the troubleshooting steps in the attached article.

If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound quality is poor on iPhone

Have a great day,

Joe

Apr 1, 2015 12:07 AM in response to AppleJoe

I'm having the exact same issue. Today I took my iPhone 6 back to VZW and traded it in during the 14 exchange period. Note VZW only allows ONE exchange. Which means I am now stuck with this 6 PLUS.

The in call volume on the PLUS isn't nearly as good as the original IP 6 I got last week. Volume is fine thru the speakerphone and headphones (VERY loud on headphones).

Things you guys and Verizon suggested that I try that did not work:

Upgrade to iOS 8.2

Full factory reset

VZW Tier 2 tech reprovisioned my service.

None of this helped. Phone was brand new in a sealed box straight from the store. Totally unacceptable I must say. Considering the cost.

Iphone 6 phone call volume low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.