Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID email already in Use

When I try to set up a new apple ID, it asked for a non-apple domain email account. When I try to use my email address, it says it's already assocaited with another account. My email address is very unique and I doubt anyone else knows to use it. When I try to search for it using look up apple ID, it can't find any apple ID associated with that email. So I'm stuck...why does it say its in use, but when I search for it, it can't find it?

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 9:22 AM

Hi robosalsa,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like the email address you are trying to set up and use as an Apple ID may be associated with another Apple ID as an additional or recovery email address. You can navigate to appleid.apple.com and sign in with your existing Apple ID to check the additional email addresses and remove them. Please use the attached discussion as a reference.

Apple ID already in use | Apple Support Communities

Have a great day,

Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2014 9:22 AM in response to robosalsa

Hi robosalsa,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like the email address you are trying to set up and use as an Apple ID may be associated with another Apple ID as an additional or recovery email address. You can navigate to appleid.apple.com and sign in with your existing Apple ID to check the additional email addresses and remove them. Please use the attached discussion as a reference.

Apple ID already in use | Apple Support Communities

Have a great day,

Joe

Apple ID email already in Use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.