Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I loop songs in iTunes 12?

Thanks to the new update, I cannot find an option to repeat songs like I could do in the last iTunes. You used to be able to double click an icon in iTunes where a song is playing and it would loop. In the new update there is an option when you right click a song and it says "Play Next." I don't want to constantly be doing this because I don't want to have to exit out of a program on my computer to have to click "Play Next" over and over again. Am I missing something? This is very annoying, please help!

iTunes 12-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 8:46 AM

You can access the repeat options if you right-click on the shuffle icon or if menus are enabled you can use

Controls > Repeat > Off | All | One.

Once the control is visible you can click it to switch between states as before. If the control is turned to off it disappears on the next track change. In contrast the shuffle control remains visible whenever it is appropriate. Hopefully the next release will fix this.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2014 8:46 AM in response to rip2k13

You can access the repeat options if you right-click on the shuffle icon or if menus are enabled you can use

Controls > Repeat > Off | All | One.

Once the control is visible you can click it to switch between states as before. If the control is turned to off it disappears on the next track change. In contrast the shuffle control remains visible whenever it is appropriate. Hopefully the next release will fix this.

tt2

Feb 19, 2015 10:35 AM in response to turingtest2

Thx, that helped me a lot. I was so irritated to find the control missing. Whether it will be restored in the future versions remains to be seen. From my experience, Apple's updates have been bundled up with quite a number of downgrades resulting in loss of functionality that was never restored in later updates. One prime example in my case was the chapter support for audiobooks on iOS devices. It disappeared somewhere around version 7 and never came back. An I used to love that function as I love to listen to audiobooks.

How do I loop songs in iTunes 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.