Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help With Aftermarket Cooling Solution

Hello Apple community,

Recently I ventured outside the typical programming atmosphere that I use with my macbook retina 15", and installed WoW. For those that don't know it is a online multiplayer game that isn't as demanding as battlefield or FPS (first person shooter) variances, but it still requires some of the dedicated GPU. After playing the game for about 20 minutes, what a great sound those fans make when they work (sarcasm), the keyboard began to get very uncomfortable to use. It was just getting too hot, too quick. Now, when I start getting more into the game my gaming sessions will become longer than my previous "trail run". I'm talking 4+ hour sessions. That in mind I will need something more to cool this laptop as the fans itself just don't seem to be doing an adequate job. If there is nothing out there please inform me of this as I am still within the return window for the computer. Really disappointed in the heat issues with a $2.6k laptop. Can't have it all I guess.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 9:40 AM

Hi Jason,

There are a number of steps you can take to reduce the temperature of your MacBook Pro. See this article -

Mac notebooks: Operating temperature

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

1 reply

Need Help With Aftermarket Cooling Solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.