Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime on Mac hangs up on Yosemite

I'm on Yosemite OSX 10.10 on a Mid 2009 Macbook Pro. When I attempt to call another apprx. 3-year old iMac, also running Yosemite OSX 10.10, or try to receive calls from that same iMac to my MacBook Pro, the calls go through, only to be hung up, immediately.

I can call between said iMac and my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0.2 or a 2-gen. iPad. Only the calls between the Macs won't stay online.

A solution, anyone, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 12:14 PM

2 replies

Oct 29, 2014 9:45 AM in response to EagleTreeMusic

Hi EagleTreeMusic,

If you are having an issue with FaceTime between two Macs, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime

In particular FOR BOTH COMPUTERS -

Verify that both parties are connected to an active broadband Internet connection.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Oct 29, 2014 11:43 AM in response to Brett L

Thanks, Brett,

I shall, of course, look through the suggested solutions.

This problem arose with the installment of Yosemite. I called Apple support, after installing Yosemite on the Macbook Pro, at which time we were first faced with the issue. The support assistant suggested we install Yosemite on the iMac. I took his advice. It did not resolve the problem.

We have unhindered communicated on the two machines in question for years with our current respective ISP services and hardware. Also, Skype works beautifully. So, with my very limited knowledge of these matters, it does seem to be a problem with Yosemite's handling of whatever protocol FaceTime uses.

I'll let you know how everything develops. (probably not until after next weekend, though)

Thank you for your time!

FaceTime on Mac hangs up on Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.