Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FileVault - how to disable users

Hi

I have a late 2009 iMac, and have just done a clean install of Yosemite. I have enabled FileVault. For some reason, one of my children's user accounts has been set up to allow it to access the encrypted disk after a reboot. Is there any way to turn this off? I can see how to enable additional users, but not remove rights for a user who has already been enabled.

I'm not sure how the account became enabled. Is there a difference between accounts created before and after FileVault is turned on? Is there a difference between accounts based on an iCloud account and one based on a local account?

Thanks

PD

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Late 2009 iMac 27"

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 3:50 PM

Hi P Diddy,

This solved for me. I hope help you.

Notice that the username is the account to remove.

Disable Unlock-Authorized User

Disabling FileVault unlock access can only be accomplished via the command line:

sudo fdesetup remove -user username

Note this will not delete or remove the user account, but will render it unable to log in at the FileVault unlock screen at boot time.

I found here.

https://www.uvm.edu/it/security/encryption/fv2/?Page=adduser.html

KNeotti

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 3:50 PM in response to P Diddy

Hi P Diddy,

This solved for me. I hope help you.

Notice that the username is the account to remove.

Disable Unlock-Authorized User

Disabling FileVault unlock access can only be accomplished via the command line:

sudo fdesetup remove -user username

Note this will not delete or remove the user account, but will render it unable to log in at the FileVault unlock screen at boot time.

I found here.

https://www.uvm.edu/it/security/encryption/fv2/?Page=adduser.html

KNeotti

FileVault - how to disable users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.