Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My hp photosmart D110 printer won't scan or print since I upgraded to Yosemite. Any suggestions?

My hp photosmart D110 printer won't scan or print since I upgraded to Yosemite. Any suggestions?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 3:02 PM

6 replies

Oct 29, 2014 12:00 PM in response to clutterfromduluth

Hey clutterfromduluth,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are experiencing issues with your printer/scanner after updating to OS X Yosemite. To troubleshoot this issue check out the following:

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3147

Follow these steps until the issue is addressed:

1. Make sure that the printer is powered on, has ink / toner, and that there are no alerts on the printer’s control panel. Note: If you cannot clear an alert on the printer's control panel, stop here and check the printer's documentation or contact the manufacturer for support.

2. Ensure the printer is properly connected to a USB port on the Mac or AirPort base station / Time Capsule. If the printer is a network-capable printer, make sure that it is properly connected to your home network.

3. Use Software Update to find and install the latest available updates. If an update is installed, see if the issue persists.

4. Open the Print & Scan pane or Print & Fax (Snow Leopard) pane in System Preferences.

5. Delete the affected printer, then add the printer again.

If the issue persists, try these additional steps:

1. Reset the printing system, then add the printer again.

2. If the issue still persists, reset the printing system again. Download and install your printer's drivers. Then, add the printer again.

3. Contact the printer vendor or visit their website for further assistance.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Nov 30, 2014 9:53 PM in response to clutterfromduluth

My MacBook is still on 10.9.5 Mavericks, but I had major issues printing wirelessly to my D110 after a Mavericks update early this year and hadn't been able to print wirelessly from it for several months until tonight. I was just about to buy a new printer tomorrow on Cyber Monday, but I gave my D110 one last chance and finally got it to work.

Before I did this, I deleted my HP printer and reinstalled the HP drivers via USB. I don't know if that made a difference or not, but you may want to go through with that before you follow these steps.

This may not work for you, but this is what I did tonight.

1. On the HP Printer itself, print the "Wireless Network Test Report". This will have the IP Address for the printer if it's set up for wireless correctly.

2. On the MacBook, go to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.

3. Click on the "+" sign beneath the printer list box to the left to "Add a Printer or Scanner".

4. Click on the IP "globe" icon in the toolbar in the top of the box that opens.

5. Enter the IP address from the "Wireless Network Test Report" you printed out in Step 1 in the "Address:" box.

6. Make sure the "Protocol:" box is set up to "HP Jetdirect - Socket".

7. Click on the "Add" box in the bottom right hand corner.

Dec 1, 2014 5:51 AM in response to clutterfromduluth

If what I suggested in the last post worked for you, I read in another thread that one thing you might also want to do is change your IP setup from "Automatic" to "Manual". (http://tinyurl.com/pko2e5c) Apparently the printer's IP address might change if the printer is still set to "Automatic". This may or may not be necessary, but I went ahead and did it anyway.

1. In your web browser, enter your printer's IP Address.

2. Click on the "Network" tab.

3. In the menu off to the left, click on "Status".

4. At the bottom of this page, click on the "Network Configuration Page" button at the bottom. This will print off a report from your browser.

5. Click on the "IPv4" link off to the left.

6. Click on the "Manual IP" bubble on this screen.

7. From the "Network Configuration Page" that you printed off in Step 4, manually enter in the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway on the printed page underneath "Manual IP".

8. Underneath "Manual DNS Server", enter the Primary DNS Server and Secondary DNS Server from the printed report.

9. Click on the "Apply" button on the bottom.

Dec 9, 2014 10:13 PM in response to clutterfromduluth

I was able to make my D110 work by doing the following:

Go to the HP Site and select Download Drivers

Select operating system, but make sure you download the ones for 10.9, not for 10.10

Under System Preferences select printers

Remove Printer

Reset Printer System by control clicking the printer or the white area of that window.

Re-Add Printer - When adding printer, make sure select the HP Photosmart, then under the "USE" section select HP Photosmart option, NOT AIRPRINT!!!!

Restart Printer

Shazammm - printer works.

Hope this helps

I updated from Mavericks to Yosemite and my printer stopped working until I did this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.