Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrade iOS 8 calendar sync push not working properly

HI,

calendars in iCloud worked perfectly (also sharing with friends) until I upgraded my iPhone 4s to iOS 8 and Mac to Yosemity. Latest version iOS 8.1 running on the phone now. It seems like:

Entering a calendar object on the phone: it is being pushed instantly into the iCloud

Entering an object on Mac / directly into iCloud: it will be only visible on the iPhone after updating the calendar manually?!?

Settings on the Phone:

- Sync: all objects

- Push for iCloud is turned on

ANY IDEAS?!?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 4:58 PM

Don't know if it will help or not, but some things you could trying include:

Go to Settings>iCloud on your phone, turn Calendars off, choose Delete from My iPhone when prompted (they will still be in iCloud), then turn Calendars back on (your calendars will download back to your phone. Test your calendars.

Force close the calendar app on your phone by double-tapping the home button, locate and swipe up on Calendar to close it, tap the home button again. Then reset your phone by holding the sleep/wake and home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release. Test your calendars.

Save any photo my stream photos that you want to keep to your camera roll (unless already there) by opening your my photo stream album, tapping Select, tapping the photos, tap the share icon (box with upward facing arrow), then tapping Save Image. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Sign Out, choose Delete from My iPhone and provide your password when prompted (your data will still be in iCloud), then sign back in (your data will download back to your phone. Test calendars again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2014 4:58 PM in response to OleAndFitch

Don't know if it will help or not, but some things you could trying include:

Go to Settings>iCloud on your phone, turn Calendars off, choose Delete from My iPhone when prompted (they will still be in iCloud), then turn Calendars back on (your calendars will download back to your phone. Test your calendars.

Force close the calendar app on your phone by double-tapping the home button, locate and swipe up on Calendar to close it, tap the home button again. Then reset your phone by holding the sleep/wake and home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release. Test your calendars.

Save any photo my stream photos that you want to keep to your camera roll (unless already there) by opening your my photo stream album, tapping Select, tapping the photos, tap the share icon (box with upward facing arrow), then tapping Save Image. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Sign Out, choose Delete from My iPhone and provide your password when prompted (your data will still be in iCloud), then sign back in (your data will download back to your phone. Test calendars again.

Oct 28, 2014 9:56 AM in response to randers4

Hey randers,

thank you very much for answering so quickly! I tried the above before (except signing out completely) with no success.

But signing out with iCloud on the device, reboot and signing in again helped!! Perfect!

The interesting thing is, that the same problem appears on my friend's phone with whom I share calendars...and on that phone nothing was changed...it (iPhone 4S) is still running on iOS7...?!?

Greetz!

Jul 2, 2015 8:22 AM in response to OleAndFitch

Tnx, I had a "funny" situation of "one way" syncing on the iPhone. Thus, data updated on my iPhone was "pushed" correctly to my iCloud account, my two Macs and onto the iPad, but not vice versa. If I wanted to update the iPhone calendar I needed to add a fictitious event, this will result in updating the calendar, and then I will remove the fictitious event. Among the other devices and the iCloud everything worked OK. Same with Reminders. Now things are better, in spite of the fact that the contacts are still not working fluently. Tnx again.

Since upgrade iOS 8 calendar sync push not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.