Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Ask to Buy" approval, where do it go?

I set up a Family account and have my under 13-year-old on it. I set up "Ask to Buy" and when she recently wanted to download a game, she clicked the "download" and got the message to "Ask" for approval. I message briefly showed up on my iPhone but it was not unlocked. When I unlocked it, I couldn't find the message and I never got a message on the computer. Where can these messages be found? As a work around, I logged in on her iPad and approved it but I'd like to know how to find the approval messages.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Model 5,1/2.4 GHz/8 core (mid 2010)

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 1:48 PM

Hi Norm Shea,

Thanks for the question. Based on what you stated, it seems like you want to see the notification for a Ask to Buy request. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy

Make or decline a purchase

If you're the organizer, you can use these steps to make or decline the purchase from your iOS device with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite:

Open the notification to see the item that your family member wants to get. (See your notifications on your Mac or iOS device.)

iOS: Understanding notifications

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Mario

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2014 1:48 PM in response to Norm Shea

Hi Norm Shea,

Thanks for the question. Based on what you stated, it seems like you want to see the notification for a Ask to Buy request. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy

Make or decline a purchase

If you're the organizer, you can use these steps to make or decline the purchase from your iOS device with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite:

Open the notification to see the item that your family member wants to get. (See your notifications on your Mac or iOS device.)

iOS: Understanding notifications

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Mario

Oct 30, 2014 7:34 AM in response to mario49

Mario,

Thanks for the reply. The articles were informative but didn't quite address my question. To recap, the other night when this happened, my daughter was on her iPad and clicked the "Ask" button. I (almost immediately) received a notification/message on my iPhone asking me to approve this purchase. The phone was locked at the time so it showed up on the "lock" screen. When I unlocked the phone, the message was gone and it was not in the Notification Center. And I never got a message on my MacBook. So, where do the notifications/messages go? Is there a time limit on how long they appear or stay in the Notification Center? Is there a way to change that to make it longer?

"Ask to Buy" approval, where do it go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.