Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my printer add function stopped working in os 10.9.5 .Why?

My 2013 MacBook Pro retina with o.s.10.9.5 has worked flawlessly till this evening.suddenly it stopped printing. Since i have three different printers at three locations. i wondered if there was a printer fault. it registered as being off line.

i have had this before and successfully brought each printer back on line. tonight that did not succeed.. i deleted my printers expecting to add the particular printer that i was using at the time. Now it will not let me add anew printer.

I used a second laptop a 2013 macbook air and that worked just fine.i downloaded brother printers to my retina but that did not work either.

Advice and help please.

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 2:23 PM

Hello britrecko,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

The following article should help you with troubleshooting your printer issues with your MacBook.

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X

Regards,

Jeff D.

3 replies

Oct 29, 2014 6:20 PM in response to jeffd55

Thank you. i have done all that you suggest.Including downloading the original brother drivers.

. Nothing has worked.

My question now is"Is the print addition function etc part of the o.s.10.9.5 operating system. If it is i could wipe the disc clean.Restore the 10.9.5. and reload my content from my time machine. I back up every evening so i have a complete set of content.?

i tried to upgrade to Yosemite, but in the past some helper has renamed my original Macintosh HD drive as unknown. The Yosemite reply is "that is a time machine . Backup not possible.

I can live with 10.9.5 having read the reviews.

The only assistance that i have had has been from Apple certified technicians. i lack the sophoistication to do any major repairs to my two macs.

my printer add function stopped working in os 10.9.5 .Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.