Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Yosemite Safari 8.0 The Google Safe Browsing Service is not available message

Why am I getting this error message in Safari 8.0, Mac OS X Yosemite:

Under Safari-Security-Fraudulent sites, I have Warn when visiting a fraudulent website checked (as always) and today there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark that says The Google Safe Browsing Service is unavailable. No updates have occurred in 1 day. I have checked in the App Store and all software is up-to-date.

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10), Safari 8.0

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 8:09 PM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2014 4:47 AM in response to alp1116

Hi,

Your question regularly appeared on several forums , in fact I posted the question myself some years ago.

This is what worked for me:

in the finder choose go> go to folder and type:

/private/var/folders/

you'll find some mysterious folders there ( in my case labeled zz and 72), dig a bit deeper till (in my case in 72) you find a folder 'com.apple Safari'

Open this and delete 'SafeBrowsing.db'

After this the warning disappears.

I do this whenever the warning shows up on one of my computers - which regularly happens.

As for the reason of the warning - I'm sorry, I can't help you there.

hope this helps

OS X Yosemite Safari 8.0 The Google Safe Browsing Service is not available message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.