Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 is stuck on Signal Search mode

My iPhone 6 is stuck on Signal search mode since the morning. I have rebooted several times, and also updated to iOS 8.1 but still stuck on signal search mode. It's not a carrier problem. Can't make or receive calls. Please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 8:43 PM

8 replies

Oct 26, 2014 9:56 PM in response to hvp4

Please try toggling "Airplane mode".

Next try toggling "Celluar Data".

If that doesn't work try "Reset network settings".

Eject out the SIM see if the contacts are still clean, then push SIM back in to see if a carrier signal can be found.

To make sure that the cell tower closest to you are not down, check your other cell phones (if they are on the same carrier).

If that is not an option, then try relocation to another place, eg drive to another location.

If all else fails see if you can borrow someone else's SIM card (must be same carrier), or go visit your carrier's store. They could check your SIM and replace it if necessary. If a SIM that works on another phone but not yours (at the same location, same time, then you should take it to Apple for repair/exchange.

Oct 27, 2014 1:18 AM in response to acesinica

I have tried all of the above. Nothing seems to be working and it is not a carrier problem either.

Looks like I will have to send it back to Apple. Am traveling for business at the moment, and the local Apple Premium Service Provider in India says I'll have to wait till I am back in the US till they take a look at it.

I am without a phone till then.

Very disappointed!

Oct 27, 2014 2:15 AM in response to jinucjoseph

Apple India told me that since my phone was bought in the US, it has to be replaced in the US. They can't do anything. Very disappointing.

Separately, I understand that many people are facing problems like this on the new OS. Perhaps downgrading to an older OS version can help....

I am trying that today.

Apr 11, 2015 10:52 AM in response to hvp4

Hi,

I'm from Israel and I also have the same problem that began today. I have an iPhone 6 bought from the US in november and today it suddenly didn't connect to a cellular network (stuck in searching). The SIM works on other phone, and my iphone still didn't find a network with another SIM.

I tried all the following with no luck:

- Reset Network, eject SIM, different SIM

- Upgraded to 8.2 from 8.1.2

- Upgraded to 8.3

- Reset Network again

It's so annoying, confusing and disappointing, I feel I can't do anything now, I do not have a backup phone and I need a phone for work, life, etc....

I feel like I threw $700 US down the drain.

Luckily I have a friend going to SF next week and I'll try to send it back with him for repair or replacement in the US.

Meanwhile I'll suffer with whatever phone I can borrow from some friends.

Jul 7, 2015 8:18 AM in response to xtazi

I have the same "searching" issues. I made my last call, put my call, took a nap for an hour and woke up to an iPhone 6 thats forever searching for network...

I tried all tricks with no luck, including restoring the iOS from the resort file "iPhone7,2_8.4_12H143_Restore.ipsw".

I am stuck with an iPhone that is reduced to an iPod. everything else works, but not the phone services.

Also bought mine abroad and all the iStore is RSA cannot do replace my phone...

This is frustrating...

Aug 12, 2016 12:55 PM in response to hvp4

I live in Dallas-Ft Worth, Texas area and had the same issue and also was about to travel. Makes you wonder if there trying to trick you into a new phone after you buy a calling plan for your travel. I found with the phone turned on and hold down the power and home buttons at the same time for a few seconds the phone will turn off and start back up. After doing that it started working and has good signal. Hope this helps someone!

Nov 5, 2016 9:01 AM in response to 1969Chevy

My Husband has the same issue with his iphone 6. However their is a solution for that troubleshooting the phone

by resetting the network setting, turning the phone off and turning it back on.

Doing a factory reset, by holding the power button and the middle button at the same time allowing the phone to power off.

If that does not work pull the sim card out within 5 second then push it back again, that worked for me.

Seem to me that after updating the phone to the 10.12 We starting getting the signal searching issue.

Simple advice this is not a fix solution you might have to reset your phone often every time you lose signal it could be a hardware issue.

You probably will have to look into purchasing a new phone or if you have insurance exchanging it will help.

But for the mean time this steps will help using this will help.

Hope it works for you as well 🙂

My iPhone 6 is stuck on Signal Search mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.