Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is music randomly playing when iTunes radio is not opened?

RRandom music plays when iTunes radio is not openned and Siri keeps opening when I don't open it up. It constantly happens and it is very annoying while playing a game or anything. Does anybody know what is going on? My iPod is fifth generation And iOS 8

iPod touch, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 12:57 AM

Try another pair of headphones, preferably one without mic/remote.

4 replies

Apr 29, 2015 3:22 PM in response to Quacks 1220

I have the iPhone 6+ and just updated to the latest version of iOS 8.3. I use the Bose MIE2-BLK Mobile In-Ear headset with microphone.

Itunes Radio pops up randomly all the time and starts playing. Sometimes it won't do it for a couple hours or maybe a day and then all of the sudden, I'm just sitting with my earbuds in awaiting a call and music starts.

The earbuds are a bit old, maybe 2-3 years at most. I saw someone write something about a dirty ear jack or something? Any for sure ideas. Is there anything I can disable in settings to it won't be able to start like that?

Why is music randomly playing when iTunes radio is not opened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.