Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Logic Express 9 on a new macbook

Hello,

I bought Logic Express 9 pre-installed on my Macbook back in 2010, and would like to install it on my new Macbook Pro retina (it's running the latest version of Mavericks).

I still have the install DVD and serial number key that originally came with my Macbook, but since my Macbook Pro doesn't read DVDs, I'm a little confused as to how I could install Logic Express there. I looked for it in the App store, but it seems that only Logic Pro is still available there, and since I have never downloaded Logic from the App store before, I can't recover it from there either.

Is there a way to transfer Logic Express 9 on my Macbook Pro instead of having to purchase Logic Pro?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Logic Express 9-OTHER

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 4:43 AM

1 reply

Oct 27, 2014 2:32 PM in response to ninyhime

If you still have your old Macbook you could use Remote Disc to install Logic to your new MBP. Here's a video to demonstrate.

If not, you might consider getting an Apple USB Superdrive like I did. It comes in handy and is quite affordable.

BTW, be sure to run Software Update immediately after installing LE9 on your MBP because it will not work with Mavericks until you update it to 9.1.8.

Installing Logic Express 9 on a new macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.