Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a free trial version of Logic Pro X

Looking to try out the latest version of Logic Pro x. Is there a trial version available?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 6:24 AM

8 replies

Sep 18, 2017 12:37 PM in response to tiggerfantoo

tiggerfantoo wrote:

It's terrible at that price that a free trial is not offered. Who's going to pay £200 for something if they don't even know if its right for them without trying it first.

Just to add perspective... Before Apple purchased Logic it sold for $999 and opened with a splash screen that read: Professional Audio Software. After apple purchased Logic they sold it at $499 for quite some time. It was marketed to professionals. In fact, there used to be three Logic studios in this city. (Now there are none)

Now, at $200, it's still a fantastic program but no longer considered professional grade. Apple changes things so often (Apple operating system software/hardware) that Logic software can't keep up with the changes. Those of us who have used it professionally stick with older computers and operating systems and older versions of Logic.

Now, the most recent Garageband IS Logic Lite, it will give you an idea of what Logic is like.

Sep 18, 2017 11:39 PM in response to Pancenter

All good points Pancenter.

Though Logic is still considered professional grade here in the UK.

Many pro studios here have Pro Tools and Logic, some only Logic.

But, as you say, these studios dont keep updating thier OS and Logic versions.

The main studio I use has Pro Tools 9 and Logic 9, the owner/engineer says he hasnt updated his OS for many years.

Nov 3, 2017 8:04 PM in response to Pancenter

"Not considered professional grade.?" In which universe is Logic Pro not considered professional grade? By any metric Logic is one of the top three most used professional music making programs. It's deep, seriously deep and can do just about anything you can think of with regards to making music. Just like with any software, you need to learn it inside out to get the most out of it due to it being so deep.

With regards to price, at $200 Logic is a steal. Nothing else comparable come close to that low price. There are plugins that cost more than Logic Pro.

As far as free version, yes technically there is none, but GarageBand is free and is very similar to its big brother Logic Pro, so if you can figure out GB (anyone can) then you'll be at home in LPX.

Nov 3, 2017 8:11 PM in response to tiggerfantoo

While I agree it would've been nice to have a trial version to figure out if it's right for any given individual's way of working, my solution was to go hang out at an Apple store for several hours over a handful of days and play with it on one of their computers. Not perfect, but it got me what I needed. Hopefully there's an Apple store near you to do the same.

Is there a free trial version of Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.