Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major Safari bug re: private browsing

Hi everyone, I'm encountering a major bug in Safari's private browsing mode. Basically, after you exit Safari, even if you close all previous tabs and use Settings to clear the cache, after you return again to Safari's private browsing mode it briefly flashes a screenshot/grab from random video content you viewed prior. There doesn't seem to be any way to clear this ... any suggestions? I just tried resetting all settings and that didn't work. Side question: does Safari's cache automatically clear after a certain point in time, i.e. 30 days after site visits and content gets stored? Many thanks in advance for all input!

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 2:19 PM

Same here!

I have ghost images which sometimes appear randomly when starting or returning to Safari. They last one or two seconds then go away. I can't really define a pattern but it happens quite frequently...

Tried clearing the cache and cookies but I didn't do anything as the problem still occurs.

Apparently this issue has been known for quite some time and everyone is waiting for it to be fixed.

See more here : Safari on ipad2 ios7 does not clear cache or history properly

Come on. How hard can it be to ask iOS to delete ALL the files in a specific folder?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2014 2:19 PM in response to b5160519

Same here!

I have ghost images which sometimes appear randomly when starting or returning to Safari. They last one or two seconds then go away. I can't really define a pattern but it happens quite frequently...

Tried clearing the cache and cookies but I didn't do anything as the problem still occurs.

Apparently this issue has been known for quite some time and everyone is waiting for it to be fixed.

See more here : Safari on ipad2 ios7 does not clear cache or history properly

Come on. How hard can it be to ask iOS to delete ALL the files in a specific folder?

Major Safari bug re: private browsing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.